Well it finally comes to an end. If your a follower of this blog, you know where I stand on the issue of health care reform (I am for it). That does not necessarily represent my co-writers (wish they would write more) on this blog. It's my personal opinion. I know one of them is a conservative and I can't remember how the other feels.
I'm not afraid to say I wish there was more in this bill. I wish there was a public option, or at least Co-Ops. I wish there was sweeping tort reform. I wish there were greater restrictions on the insurance companies.
Now for the sarcasm:
- Anyways, I see why so many people are upset. I mean...the stuff on this bill is soooo liberal. They had to leave out the public option b/c I guess that would be too communist. But telling insurance companies they can't deny people with pre-existing conditions is so far left. How are these companies going to make money if they have to do their jobs and COVER HEALTH CARE . How dare the Democrats put that in the bill! All the kids being born TODAY with pre-existing conditions have to be covered, not denied, now. That's got to be bad for business. And after all, health care should be a business, not a right, right?
- Now insurance companies cannot place a cap on how much they can cover in a lifetime? I bet that hurts. I mean hell....if a healthy 27 year old gets devastating injuries from being hit from a drunk driver...the companies aren't going to have as much ground to drop their coverage! And how are they going to drop all the people who develop cancer? How can they do business anymore! Damn Democrats!
- The new bill also helps out seniors who fall into the Medicare Coverage Part D plan. It will basically help them pay for their out of pocket expenses on medications. Who do they think they are!? Shouldn't these seniors have to pay like the rest of us?! Get a job! Just because you are old, have way more illnesses b/c you are old, and already retired from working your whole life doesn't mean that the Democrats should pick up the bill, right? Leave our health care alone! Helping others....that's so Un-American.
- Kudos to you, Rep. Randy Neugebauer of Texas, for shouting "Baby Killer" last night. That's right. Even though the abortion clause is being taken out of the bill...I am sure the Democrats will be planning to kill babies somehow.
- Dow at 18 month High today, with health care stocks leading the way. I'm sure this is liberal propaganda. There is no way health reform is already helping the economy right? If so, let's not give the Democrats any credit. Keep it a secret from them. We don't want to get their heads any bigger.
- Today while moonlighting in a private hospital, I had a nice gentleman who came in with chest pain. His white blood cell count was strikingly high, over 75,000. This generally means cancer. I went to break the news to him, but he already knew. He was diagnosed with CML a year ago. He can't afford to see a Oncologist, and his health insurance dropped him. His treatment....waiting another year until he is eligible for Medicare to get treatment. He will be dead by then. But today he got admitted for the pulmonary embolisms his cancer caused. Then again, there were previous comments from older posts stating anyone can just go to a county hospital when the get cancer and get taken care of. Guess that wasn't true for this guy, or the other 50 cases I have seen just like this.