Saturday, March 9, 2013

Nice Doctor





A 30 something year old female visiting from out of town presented for seizure and knee pain. This was her 3rd visit in 10 days for the same.   She was an obvious drug seeking faker from the start.  Her previous visit stated she demanded dilaudid for her knee pain.

This visit was no different. She said she had 3 seizures, and banged her knee during the seizures. She said her seizures were due to stress, and she needed anxiety meds and IV dilaudid or demerol to get her back to normal.  Request denied.  I explained IV narcotics for an invisible knee bruise was a little extreme.   I ran some basic blood work…..and of course all was negative.

When I went in to discharge her, the narcotic requests kept coming. I told her there was no way.  She tried to have one of her seizures.  During her seizure I asked “are these what your seizures are normally like?”  She replied yes…..during the seizure mind you.  So I told her she was faking her seizure and to please leave.

The nurses tried to take her out by wheelchair, but she refused the wheelchair. This was so she could “fall” and have another fake seizure on the floor. During the seizure she kept screaming “YOUR DOCTOR IS A MOTHER FUCKIN COCK SUCKER. HE’S A COCK SUCKER. THE DOCTOR IS A COCK SUCKER.”

I have never sucked a cock. But if I did, I would rather my patients not broadcast it like that.

ER Doc

16 comments:

hoodnurse said...

I mean, you've gotta get your Press-Ganey scores up somehow.

Leya S.N. said...

Yeah, totally normal to talk during seizures...that happens all the time..

Unknown said...

Presenting good experience of your work.....! will share to my circle.

First Aid USMLE Step 1 2014

StorytellERdoc said...

LOLOLOLOL
She gave you her best and yet you denied her her well-deserved Oscar. Oh well, maybe next year when she makes another appearance from out-of-town she will earn it!
Too funny of a post.
Jim

Unknown said...

I am al so agree with all above comments really appreciation work here...

Australian Medical Council books

first response urgent care said...

My bro just got commited last week, but wants no contact with family right now. what is life typically likeinsde a mental institution?
clinics in brooklyn

Mark Lee said...

A very good and informative article. Thanks for sharing with us.

guaranteed weight loss

Anonymous said...

This article has great reference value, thank you very much for sharing, I would like to reproduced your article, so that more people would see it.
chiropractor massage

Jhon Marshal said...

Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you

Medical eBook Store

Jr. Williams said...

Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
Locum Recruitment Agency

Anonymous said...

The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you!
best dentist in tucson

Anonymous said...

wow i love t hat SO much... can i cut and paste it into my blog?? but give u credit, of course???
cash for diabetic test strips

Dorothy Cargile said...

You can find best doctor's from such article...

Full Body Massage

Dorothy said...

I appreciate this blog post and thanks for the wonderful article. Very nice blog and I got wonderful stuff from this blog.
in home massage

Andrew Carter said...

Thanks a lot for this honest review... It really does helps a lot.
manual therapy

Terrance McDaniel said...

Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.
massage therapist