Apparently valentines day is no exception. Below are a few stories from my shift last night on valentines day. Interestingly, they were all females
- A 37 year old female came in after taking 70 tabs of neurontin trying to kill herself because her boyfriend "forgot" it was valentines day. She took this as him saying he didn't love her, and a fight ensued. As a valentines present from me, she got a lovely mixture of charcoal to drink and an overnight stay in the ICU.
- The local MHMR had a valentines day dance for their mentally challenged patients. A nice 27 year old with mild-moderate MR was upset no one asked her to dance. On the ride home in the short bus, this enraged her. For some reason, she attacked the bus driver, who wrecked the short bus. Guess who got to take care of the short bus patients.
- A 70 year old female had an anxiety attack spending her first valentines day alone after her husband had passed away. The ativan did wonders and she left happy.
- A nice son brought his 81 year old mother flowers for valentines day. When she got up to take the flowers, she fell and broke her hip.
- A young couple were on a date for valentines at a fancy restaurant. Apparently the girl is allergic to "citrus," and she consumed something with citrus at the restaurant. She promptly swelled up and dinner was cut short as she needed to visit the ER to reverse her anaphylaxis.