Saturday, February 23, 2013
Politics and racism can be very dividing. It can affect people so much that their views are literally burned in their brain no matter what
A lot of times with stroke, the patient will present with altered mental status. I had an 81 year old with a stroke last week. She couldn't move her left side, and she couldn't remember anything. She didn't know the day, year, her family....nothing. BUT, when I asked her who the president was, she said "That colored guy. I wish I could push him in a ditch!" I don't know how her stroke could knock out so much of her memory but she still had the anti Obama in her.
Posted by SerenityNow at 7:02 AM
Friday, February 15, 2013
Holidays are always bad in the ER. July 4th because of the firework injuries, new years and memorial day because of the drunks, etc.
Apparently valentines day is no exception. Below are a few stories from my shift last night on valentines day. Interestingly, they were all females
- A 37 year old female came in after taking 70 tabs of neurontin trying to kill herself because her boyfriend "forgot" it was valentines day. She took this as him saying he didn't love her, and a fight ensued. As a valentines present from me, she got a lovely mixture of charcoal to drink and an overnight stay in the ICU.
- The local MHMR had a valentines day dance for their mentally challenged patients. A nice 27 year old with mild-moderate MR was upset no one asked her to dance. On the ride home in the short bus, this enraged her. For some reason, she attacked the bus driver, who wrecked the short bus. Guess who got to take care of the short bus patients.
- A 70 year old female had an anxiety attack spending her first valentines day alone after her husband had passed away. The ativan did wonders and she left happy.
- A nice son brought his 81 year old mother flowers for valentines day. When she got up to take the flowers, she fell and broke her hip.
- A young couple were on a date for valentines at a fancy restaurant. Apparently the girl is allergic to "citrus," and she consumed something with citrus at the restaurant. She promptly swelled up and dinner was cut short as she needed to visit the ER to reverse her anaphylaxis.
Posted by SerenityNow at 2:25 AM
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Stripper Juice: "Wow your my doc. Your pretty cute. You should come see me sometime."
ER Doc: "Uhhh what brings you in today."
She immediately jumps on the bed and gets in the doggy style position, ass in the air, and pulls down her shorts leaving has her nasty thong on. The smell of a nasty river took over the room.
Stripper Juice: "I have this big boil on my butt. Do you think I got bit by a spider!?!?."
WTF?? This lady slides up and down dirty polls that other dirty strippers vaginas have slid on, puts her ass on the stage and makes a V with her legs to get a dollar bill, and rubs her shit on countless mens nasty pants, and her thought is a spider bite caused her abscess?? I know most people think a magical spider causes all boils, but I would think a damn stripper would think their disease infested profession might have something to do with pocket of pus growing on her ass.
ER Doc: "It's possible it was a spider, but more likely it was from your job. How clean is your working environment."
Stripper Juice: "Oh its disgusting."
So Stripper Juice got a nice incision and drainage. She will now have a scar on her ass...hopefully it doesn't affect her revenue. I wrote her a work excuse that said "no stripping, poll dancing, or booty rubbing until wound is fully healed."
Posted by SerenityNow at 12:05 AM
Monday, February 11, 2013
We're baaaaack. I don't know for how long...but we are bored and thought we would give this another try. Both of us have aged, become less mature, and have different jobs. But we still have shit to talk about. Check back soon for something worthless to read.
-ER Doc, Psych doc
Posted by SerenityNow at 1:38 AM